Organizations such as companies need to develop, evaluate, and raise wages in order to effectively utilize employees to achieve their goals.
Comprehensive management of human resources, which are valuable management resources, is called personnel management.
This time, I will introduce the method of personnel management, the benefits, and the recommended personnel management system.
Table of Contents
- What is HR management
- Specific content of personnel management
- Employment management
- education management
- Time/work management
- wage management
- Human resource management methods and benefits
- Introduction of personnel management system
- Manage with Excel
- Recommended personnel management system
- Supporting the efficiency of HR operations and data utilization [HRMOS]
- [LearningWare] for comprehensive management of learning and training
- Easily grasp employee skills and characteristics [HRBrain]
What is HR management
Personnel management is a general term for rules and systems related to personnel management, which is the management for the effective control and operation of human resources, which is indispensable for achieving the goals of corporate management.
The main role of HR management is to:
- Efficiently secure human resources necessary to achieve goals
- Staff placement suitable for ability
- Ability development through human resource development
- Revitalization of human resources through treatment suitable for each individual
1.Efficient securing of human resources necessary to achieve goals
In personnel management, what is important in employment is “efficient and appropriate securing of human resources”.
Recruitment methods also differ, but basically hiring costs such as job advertisement costs and venue rental costs for company briefings.
If it takes time to secure human resources, the cost will increase proportionally, so it is necessary for personnel to efficiently secure human resources that meet the purpose.
2. Placement of personnel suitable for ability
Even if you secure human resources efficiently, if you assign them to a department where they cannot demonstrate their abilities, they will not be able to demonstrate their abilities, creating a mismatch between the company and the employee, and the employee may quit. .
In order to prevent such mismatches, it is necessary for HR to identify the abilities of the employees who are hired and to assign them appropriately.
3. Ability development through human resource development
Human resources education and training are also important in order to improve the abilities of the recruited human resources and get closer to achieving the company’s goals.
Insufficient human resources education may prevent individual abilities from being demonstrated in the appropriate direction and may not contribute to the achievement of corporate goals.
Therefore, new employee training is one of the important tasks in personnel management.
4. Revitalization of human resources through treatment suitable for each individual
Motivation management for employees who are familiar with the company is also part of personnel management.
Raising salaries, promotions, and reassignment of personnel who have contributed to the company can improve the motivation of employees who have become accustomed to work and have lost sight of the significance of their work, and revitalize human resources.
In addition, by conducting appropriate job rotations, we can expect to create synergies throughout the company by making use of the experience and relationships we have built in past work in new work.
It is important to revitalize familiar employees in order to achieve management goals.
Specific content of personnel management
It refers to the recruitment of human resources, placement and promotion after joining the company, analysis of work content, and personnel evaluation work.
Performance appraisal is the evaluation of an employee’s work performance based on predetermined criteria.
The results of personnel evaluations are reflected in subsequent promotions and treatment.
It also includes personal interviews and the introduction of an award system to improve motivation.
It refers to human resource development and support systems that aim to improve the capabilities of employees, such as new employee education and internal and external training.
There are various educational methods, such as on-the-job training (OJT), job rotations (job rotations) where employees can change their workplace and work content to gain various experiences, and promotion of self-development (recommending qualifications).
Management of working hours, overtime hours, employee vacation system construction, management of items related to working hours, management of employee work environment, management of employee work environment.
It refers not only to the construction of wage systems such as performance wages, piecework wages, and annual salary systems, but also to the management of various procedures such as retirement allowances.
Human resource management methods and benefits
Introduction of personnel management system
A personnel management system is a system that centrally manages employee data necessary for personnel management, such as attendance management, personnel evaluation, and skill aptitude.
Since the scope of human resource management varies from system to system, it is necessary to collect information before introduction.
Advantages of introducing a personnel management system
By centrally managing employee data, various types of employee information can be linked, enabling multifaceted analysis and judgment when evaluating and assigning personnel.
Storing employee data in disparate locations can make it difficult to find the information you need.
Manage with Excel
Personnel management using Excel is performed in many companies.
Excel is a spreadsheet software, but in addition to being able to collectively manage the employee list in Excel and use it for personnel evaluation, you can also use functions to reflect numerical data such as years of service.
Advantages of Excel HR Management
The biggest advantage of using Excel is that it enables personnel management while keeping costs down.
Many companies have installed Excel on all their PCs as it is useful for a wide range of tasks.
There is no system cost, so there is no running cost.
However, it is not suitable for companies with many employees because it is difficult to centrally manage data in addition to poor operational efficiency.
Recommended personnel management system
Supporting the efficiency of HR operations and data utilization [HRMOS]
- With the report function, you can easily search and output the information you want to know, such as changes in the number of employees, average length of service, gender composition ratio, changes in the number of retired employees, and analyze data.
- Centralized management of information from the past to the present, such as the history of employee transfers from the time they joined the company and changes in the organization chart
- Changes due to organizational restructuring and personnel changes can also be automatically updated in one location.
[LearningWare] for comprehensive management of learning and training
- More than 2,400 introduced companies
- Centralized management of training in general, such as notification of group training, attendance management, report submission, questionnaire aggregation, etc.
- Easy registration of test questions
- Encouraging students to take classes is easy with automatic email deliver
Easily grasp employee skills and characteristics [HRBrain]
- Total automation of personnel evaluation tabulation work
- Transparency of the process and qualitative improvement of communication will lead to improvement of evaluation satisfaction
- Any kind of data can be freely combined for analysis
- Freely customizable and centralized management of all human resource data!
This time we are talking about human resource management.
Appropriate human resource management to achieve company goals.