Many people are now able to express their opinions through SNS.
For companies, user feedback on SNS is an important factor in policy decisions.
This time, we will collect and analyze consumer feedback and introduce the benefits of introducing social listening that can be reflected in business, selection points, and recommended services that can be started for free.
Table of Contents
- What is social listening
- Advantages of introducing social listening tools
- Understand potential customer needs
- Know your brand image
- Understanding the effectiveness of promotions
- Selection points for social listening tools
- In-house service and analyzed media
- Analysis content
- Recommended social listening tools
- Insight Intelligence Q
- BuzzSpreader Powered by Review @ Chief
- social insight
What is social listening
Social listening is collecting and analyzing customer feedback through SNS such as Twitter and word-of-mouth sites, and utilizing it in marketing measures.
Realize consumer-centered marketing by sharing and visualizing evaluations of companies, brands, and services, leading to understanding and improvement.
Understand potential customer needs
Compared to customer surveys conducted by companies, social listening is more natural and gathers potential needs and opinions.
In the survey, the company prepares the questions, so the content of the answers is limited.
Unlike surveys, social listening collects honest opinions sent by customers, so there is a possibility of discovering improvements and attractiveness of services that were not noticed before.
Know your brand image
Social listening makes it easy to collect the true feelings of customers, so you can get a more accurate image of companies and services.
If you can understand which part of a company or service consumers value and in what situations they need it, you can put yourself in the consumer’s position and formulate a strategy.
Understanding the effectiveness of promotions
By introducing social listening, it is possible to understand in real time how customers react to promotions such as advertisements and campaigns developed by companies.
If you can grasp customer reactions in real time, you can quickly build strategies such as PR improvement.
Selection points for social listening tools
In-house service and analyzed media
When choosing a social listening tool, choose a tool that analyzes the media appropriate for your service.
For example, if you want to hear the voices of consumers of a wide range of generations, you need to analyze Facebook, which has an overwhelmingly large number of users.
Picking a social listening tool without thinking about your service may not analyze your target audience.
When choosing a tool, make sure that the social media that is often used by the target audience of your service is subject to analysis.
Before introducing a social listening tool, be clear about what you want to analyze.
For example, if you want to measure the effect of a promotion and use it in your next policy, there is a process analysis function that measures when and how the promotion spread, and a user analysis function that analyzes the attributes of people who mentioned the promotion as a topic. Is required.
Before introducing a social listening tool, list the data you want to reveal and choose a tool that has that feature.
Recommended social listening tools
Insight Intelligence Q
- A social listening tool born from the voice of marketers who analyze social data on a daily basis
- A simple UI that allows you to easily and quickly find the analysis results you want to know
- Post data for the past 13 months can be analyzed through trial and error, making it possible to research and hypothesize, which is essential for marketing.
- Topic analysis: You can get a bird’s-eye view of when and what content was talked about
- Diffusion process analysis: You can easily understand what factors caused the topic to spread
- Pre-/post-analysis: Comparison of word-of-mouth volume/word-of-mouth content before and after the promotion period
- Brand comparison (feature word comparison): Compare the characteristics of word of mouth between multiple topics such as your own brand/competitor brand
- User analysis (gender/age / influential users): You can analyze what kind of users are talking about the topic
- There are many other functions such as media analysis and engagement trend analysis.
- Monthly fee: 100,000 yen (excluding tax)
- Free trial available
BuzzSpreader Powered by Review @ Chief
- A social listening tool for collecting and accumulating social big data in real time, and searching and analyzing it from a free angle.
- The largest amount of word-of-mouth data, boasting a total data volume of 59 billion
- You can quickly search and analyze 10 keywords at the same time within 7 seconds for a search period of up to 13 months.
- Versatile comparison view
- spam filter
- Simultaneous search of up to 10 conditions
- Search up to 13 months
- Real-time search conditions
- Overall analysis
- Cross-media analysis
- trend analysis
- attribute analysis
- Related word analysis
- reputation analysis
- text analysis
- Detailed analysis
- Diffusion of Influence (Twitter only)
- Ingredient wordmap analysis
- Topic classification analysis
- Twitter detailed analysis
- data import analysis
- Easy automatic data output (Excel compatible)
- alert mail
- Scheduled report sending
- Excel data output
- Initial cost: From 100,000 yen (excluding tax)
- Basic monthly fee: From 130,000 yen (excluding tax)
- Free trial available
- Quickly analyze word-of-mouth for specific keywords from Japan’s largest word-of-mouth data with a unique text processing engine
- When there is a sudden increase in remarks, an alert email will be sent that shows why the topic is being talked about, and it is possible to detect flames.
- Centralized management of posting reservations and comments for multiple Facebook and Twitter accounts managed by the company
- Word-of-mouth analysis (listening)
- social listening
- Comparative research with competitors
- Understand fan user profile
- SNS account analysis (fan analysis)
- The largest number of SNS correspondence in Japan
- Account & User Analytics
- Time zone analysis
- Competitor account research
- Post management (communication management/reserved posting)
- Batch management of multiple media
- Manage posts from users
- SNS campaign
- Collection and extraction of applicant data
- Contacting Winners
- Effectiveness measurement report
- Inquiry required
This time, I introduced recommended social listening tools from the overview of social listening tools.
Adopt social listening for fast and flexible marketing.