In recent years, with the spread of online shops, there is a wide variety of payment methods that consumers want.
Therefore, there is a payment agency service as a means to enhance the payment method.
In this article, we will introduce the advantages and disadvantages of payment agency services, how to choose them, and recommended services.
Table of contents
- What is a payment agency service?
- Advantages of payment agency services
- Multiple card brands can be contracted together
- Batch management by management screen
- Disadvantages of payment agency services
- Fee to payment agency
- How to compare payment agency services
- Check the settlement method necessary for your company
- Gather information about costs
- Compare the number of companies that have introduced
- Recommended payment agency services
- [Online, for stores, payment agency] SB payment service
- [Reduction of monthly billing time] Paid
- [Deferred payment service for B2B] PortiaPAY
- [Payment platform that provides online payments] KOMOJU
What is a payment agency service?
A payment agency service is a service that acts as an intermediary between a customer and a retailer, processes the payment using the payment method desired by the customer, and even automates payment management.
You can easily introduce various payment methods such as credit card payment, convenience store payment, and mobile carrier payment.
It is more convenient for customers to be able to choose from various payment methods, and it is also expected to increase the sales of the store.
Advantages of payment agency services
Multiple card brands can be contracted together
When signing a contract directly without intervening an agency service, it is necessary to send screening documents to each card company, which takes time and effort.
Therefore, by going through a payment agency, you can review the desired card brand all at once, greatly simplifying the procedure.
Batch management by management screen
By using a payment management system provided by a payment agency, payment data for each payment method can be centralized and displayed, making it possible to collectively manage them on the management screen.
Since you can easily manage at a glance which card brand and how much money has been deposited, past history, etc., it will lead to a significant reduction in the burden of sales management and paperwork.
Another advantage of introducing the system is that if there is a problem such as a system malfunction, the payment agency will give detailed instructions.
Disadvantages of payment agency services
Fee to payment agency
While there are many advantages to using a payment agency, there are also disadvantages.
The point is that you have to pay a commission to the payment agency.
However, if you consider the time and effort required to contract and manage multiple brands, the disadvantages will be small.
How to compare payment agency services
Check the settlement method necessary for your company
First of all, let’s check the accounting method that you need for your company.
The payment method that should be introduced differs depending on whether it is used for business-to-business transactions, for consumers, or for stores and e-commerce sites.
For example, if you run an EC site for consumers, you can expect new customers if you can handle deferred payment and convenience store payments.
Gather information about costs
Always request a quote before committing to installation.
Even if the introduction cost is low, the usage fee and running cost of the system may be high. It’s a good idea to compare quotes from several companies to determine if the price is right.
Compare the number of companies that have introduced
Since you entrust various information about your company, such as the payment amount, to the payment agency, security checks are essential.
Let’s check the number of companies that have introduced it and see if it is a reliable company.
It is also a good idea to choose a company that offers extensive support in the event of trouble.
Recommended payment agency services
Compare payment agency services in the list from the link below.
[Online, for stores, payment agency] SB payment service
Supports online payment and store payment.
The “Marketing Support Plan” that supports attracting customers and expanding sales, and the “Fraud Detection/Guarantee Service” that helps reduce fraudulent use are available free of charge.
- Transaction volume of 3,536.1 billion yen (FY2019 results)
- International payment essential for cross-border EC sites
- You can change the payment screen according to the site
- CyberAgent, Inc.
- Yahoo Japan Corporation
- Itochu Enex Co., Ltd., etc.
- Inquiry required
[Reduction of monthly billing time] Paid
Paid handles all billing-related tasks, such as credit screening, billing, payment management, and reminders.
Paid will pay 100% of the price even if there is a delay or non-payment, so there is no risk of payment delay or non-payment.
- Reduce costs and time required for billing operations
- Reduce work load in each flow
- Can be used for many transaction formats such as face-to-face, over-the-counter, EC, and cloud
- Can Do Co., Ltd.
- Chatwork Inc. etc.
- initial cost free
- Guarantee rate (varies according to amount charged) ~ 2.9%
- Administrative fee (per request) 100 yen
[Deferred payment service for B2B] PortiaPAY
This is a safe and simple corporate deferred payment service that can be used by companies (corporations and sole proprietors) all over Japan.
From ordering to issuing invoices and completing payments, you can do it all in one stop.
- The limit for buyers can be set from a small amount to 10 million yen in units of 1 yen.
- Usage status reflected immediately
- Appropriate examination that is speedy and suited to the situation with a fusion examination of humans and AI
- Reliable help desk system
- Isetan Mitsukoshi Ltd.
- Yuasa Globe Co., Ltd., etc.
- Inquiry required
[Payment platform that provides online payments] KOMOJU
KOMOJU is a payment platform that provides innovative online payments. There are also installation methods for popular EC platforms such as Shopify, WiX, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, etc., so installation is hassle-free.
- Payments can be made in China, the largest e-commerce market, as well as in South Korea and Europe.
- Anti-fraud system to prevent fraud before it happens
- Bill only for what you use with no monthly fees
- Inquiry required
We talked about payment processing services.
Based on the comparison points given in the example, introduce a payment agency service that suits your company.