This time, we will explain in an easy-to-understand manner the outline and connection method of [remote access], which has become more and more known due to the spread of remote work.
It also introduces the difference from VPN, which is often confused, and remote access tools.
- What is remote access
- How to set remote access / How to enable remote access?
- Remote access using RAS (Remote Access Service)
- [High security] Remote access using VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- Difference between remote access and [VPN]
- Difference between remote access and remote desktop
- [Remote Access Tools/Services] Comparison
- Platform V System
- Enterpras Std
- SonicWall Secure Mobile Access
- Use remote access to realize secure remote work
What is remote access
Remote access is to access PCs and servers in the company from a PC outside the company from a place away from the company, such as at home or in a cafe.
Flexible work styles can be achieved by utilizing remote access, as it is possible to access and remotely control internal devices even if they are not company devices.
How to set remote access / How to enable remote access?
Remote access using RAS (Remote Access Service)
This is a method of accessing RAS from your own PC via the Internet line and connecting to the company network or desktop PC.
Since the Internet line is used by an unspecified number of people, security risks such as eavesdropping of communication information will occur if security measures are not implemented. When using RAS, choose a service with enhanced security.
[High security] Remote access using VPN (Virtual Private Network)
This is a method for remote access by building a dedicated communication environment that connects to the company network.
There is a virtual tunnel between the data sender and receiver, and it is structured in such a way that it cannot be accessed from the outside.
In addition to blocking access from the outside by [authentication] to confirm whether the sender and receiver of data are the correct parties, it is highly secure as it prevents information leaks by restricting information used in communication. can achieve remote access
Difference between remote access and [VPN]
A “VPN” (Virtual Private Network) is a circuit or mechanism that realizes secure communication with a “virtual leased line”.
A virtual leased line is set up on the Internet, and information can be exchanged through a secure route, protecting information from threats such as eavesdropping and falsification.
VPN allows secure remote access.
Difference between remote access and remote desktop
“Remote desktop” is a type of remote access, and it is a mechanism to display and operate the desktop of a remote PC on the local PC.
You can work even from a PC with low processing power.
[Remote Access Tools/Services] Comparison
Here are some of the best tools for remote access.
Platform V System
- Allows remote control of computer power on/off
- You can use it by simply inserting the USB key into a computer connected to the Internet.
- All necessary software for connecting to a USB key is built-in, so installation/application is not required ・Works on almost all Windows machines
- A single Enterpras can handle authentication requests from wireless APs, VPN servers, authentication VLANs, and dial-up servers,
reducing management costs.
- Temporary login control of specific users can be easily controlled by unique authentication permission control function.
- In cases where wireless LAN can be used by all employees, but VPN connections are permitted only for specific departments, or for purposes such as switching target VLANs according to affiliation, it is possible to handle settings for each user group.
From 414,000 yen
SonicWall Secure Mobile Access
- Enforce granular access control policies to minimize surface threats
- Secure access to data centers, clouds, and SaaS with single access
- Use different VPNs for different apps for full application access control
Free trial available
Use remote access to realize secure remote work
Now let’s talk about remote access.
Comfortable remote work can be realized by introducing remote access.
Implement secure remote access by implementing tools and services that are completely secure.